HIBACHI SOUP WITH MUSHROOMS AND ONIONS
This type of soup is served in many Hibachi grill restaurants. It is sometimes also known as Onion soup or Mushroom soup.
Keyword: Japanese Soup, Mushroom, Onion Soup, Soup
- 1 32 oz box chicken stock
- 1 32 oz box beef broth
- 1 onion peeled and quartered
- 8 cloves of garlic peeled
- 1 8 oz. package of baby portabella mushrooms sliced
- 5-10 green onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- French fried onions optional for topping
Pour the chicken stock and beef broth in a large pot
Add in the onion, garlic, soy sauce, and mushrooms
Bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes
Remove the vegetables and season with salt to taste.
Top with thinly sliced mushrooms, green onions, and french fried onions