King Ranch Stuffed Poblano Peppers
1 hr 5 mins
Try the classic King Ranch with a twist. You will look at King Ranch casserole in a new light.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: casserole, king ranch, poblano peppers
- 1 can Rotel 10 Oz. Size do not drain do not drain
- 1 can 4 Oz. Size diced Green Chilies do not drain
- 1 can 15 Oz. Size Fire Roasted Corn
- 1 can 10 Oz. Size Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 1 can 10 Oz. Size Cream Of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup diced Yellow Onion
- 6 Poblanos Peppers cut and seeded
- 2-½ cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese Divided Use
- 1 whole Chicken Cooked Deboned, Cut Up
Set oven to broil. Place peppers on a cookie sheet. Broil peppers being sure to turn every few minutes to evenly char the surface on all sides.
Once completely charred (about 5 minutes in total), place peppers in a paper bag and seal for 15 minutes. This will enhance the taste of the peppers. Also the skin will remove easily.
In a bowl add Rotel, soup, onion, green chilies, corn and 1 cup of cheese. Mix well.
Heat oven to 350ºF.
In a 12 x 10 or so casserole dish ladle about 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into the dish and spread it around.
After 15 minutes, remove skins from the peppers. Slice a slit in each pepper and remove seeds. Stuff each pepper cavity full of the chicken and soup mixture.
Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle remaining grated cheese over top.
Bake in a 350ºF oven for forty-five minutes or until tender and bubbly.
You can replace the chicken with hamburger meat it also very good.
If I am in a hurry I will buy a rotisserie chicken so simple and quick.