- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cans of black-eyed peas washed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 green onion sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together the dressing ingredients olive oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl.
Add all of the salad ingredients, except the herb; in a medium bowl, gently fold dressing over the top and stir. Cover tightly and refrigerate several hours up to overnight before serving.
Toss with herbs just before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge, but consume in a couple of days.