This cold crab salad is perfect for a side or a main dish. The possibilities are endless with this recipe.
- 12 oz lump crab meat
- 1 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 jalapeños diced fine (seeds removed for mild)
- 1 1/2 cups roasted corn kernels can or fresh
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice more to taste
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp tarragon chopped
- 2 tbsp scallions chopped
- 2 cloves cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a small bowl combine red onion, 1 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
In a large bowl combine chopped crab meat, avocado, tomatoes, jalapeño and corn.
In a small bowl add the remaining lime juice, mustard, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, pepper, salt and fresh herbs. Whisk until combined.
Pour over crab mixture and toss gently.